THE DECREE OF THE WATCHERS
INTRODUCTION: King Nebuchadnezzar testifies to the greatness and power of God after his humbling experience of insanity. He admires God’s doings and speaks of them as one amazed. How great are His signs and how mighty are His wonders (vs 2).
The more we see events to be the Lord’s doing, and see in them the product of a divine power and the conduct of a divine wisdom, the more marvelous they will appear in our eyes (Ps.118:23, 66:2).
Let’s consider the following –
- God’s Dominion: Dan.4:1-3
Nebuchadnezzar testified that God’s kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and not like his own kingdom. He owned that there is a God that governs the world and has a universal, incontestable, absolute dominion in and over all the affairs of the children of men. Other reigns are confined to one generation and other dynasties to a few generations, but God’s dominion is from generation to generation.
At this commencement of the Watchman ministry, this awareness should be in every Watchman that our God is in-charge because His kingdom and dominion are without end, He cannot be dethroned by any being be it human or spirit.
- God’s Decree Stands: Dan.4:13-17
The Judgment meted out for Nebuchadnezzar came from the Lord and it cannot be reversed because the Holy One has decree it. Those proud tyrants who set their heart as the heart of God (Ezek.27:2) may justly be deprived of the heart of man and have a beast’s heart given them.
This matter is by the decree of the watchers and the demand by the word of the Holy One. God has determined it as a righteous Judge; He has signed this edict, pursuant to His eternal counsel, the decree has gone forth.
As the Watchman is getting to the golden age, the Lord has given her the mandate to pass decrees on things (whether humans or spirit, situations/circumstances) that want to oppose God’s programme and His servants in this world (Job 22:28). At this time of the new Watchman, God’s suffering people that had long groaned under the heavy yoke of Nebuchadnezzar’s tyranny, should cry to Him for vengeance because their demand will be granted (Exod.22:27, 1Kgs.17:1). This judgment must be executed to convince the unthinking, unbelieving, world, that verily there is a God that judges in the earth, a God that governs the world, that not only has a kingdom of His own in it and administers the affairs of that kingdom but rules also in the kingdom of men, in the dominion that one man has over another, and gives that to whomsoever He wills, from Him promotion comes (Ps.75:6-7).
- As God’s prosecutors, let’s arise to pass a decree on matters that we don’t want to continue both in our lives and the nation. Let’s pray
- HSCF 4, 12 – Let’s talk about the greatness of this our God by praising and worshipping Him before the gods/situations of this world.
- Job 22:28, Matt.18:18-19 – Begin to decree that God’s promises and blessings will be upon our GS, the Diocesan Pastors with all the brethren.
- Decree what you want upon your life, your family, the Church of the living God and the nations of the world with those in authority using Nigeria as a point of contact.
- Pray for someone around you using 6:22-27.